Sunday, September 26, 2010

18 Weeks - and Pics of my Belly

Today I am 18 weeks pregnant (almost 1/2 way there)

I had a doctor's appointment this week and everything still looks good! I finally gained some weight - 2 lbs. I had another quick ultrasound and we tried to see if the baby is a boy or girl. We did not get a good look, but we did not see any boy parts. So it could be a girl or just a shy boy who doesn't want to show us the goods. haha! Either way the baby looked great and was moving around a lot, which is part of why we didnt see the sex very well.

I am scheduled to have a routine ultrasound with a radiologist on October 4th (a little over a week from now) since I will be 1/2 way through my pregnancy. They will look at the baby's development, skeletal structure, and organs. This will be a more extensive ultrasound, and it will probably be my last one for the whole pregnancy unless they want to check on the baby again later. We should be able to get a better look at the baby's gender too! So we will (hopefully) know for sure then.

Lately I am still feeling really good thankfully, aside from the fact I am pretty hungry most of the time. I can feel the baby move which is really fun! It is nothing too noticeable, but when I am still and quiet I feel little pokes here and there. As time goes by the pokes have become more noticeable and I think I can also feel when the baby rolls or moves from one side to the other. Arturo is excited for when the baby is bigger and he can feel it too, right now, he cannot feel it from the outside.

Here is a new belly picture. I played around and found a way to put 2 pictures side by side for you to compare and see the change between when I was 12 weeks pregnant and 18 weeks pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment