Sunday, January 30, 2011

36 Weeks

Sigh... I am writing this post as a pretty tired girl at the moment. Today we got a lot done around the house. I have been pretty behind on laundry and am finally catching up. Okay, here we go.

Since the baby shower 2 weeks ago I have been spending my time putting away and organizing all of the baby stuff. I have also gotten all of the clothing and blankets washed and put away. Arturo assembled the stroller, bouncer, and swing. And now... we wait... I guess. ha ha

I now have to go to the doctor every week until Sabrina is born. I went last week when I was 35 weeks and the doctor checked me because I had been having some small contractions and he wanted to see if they had caused and dialation and also try to get an idea of where I am at going into my last month. I was not dialated (which is fine, because it is still too early for that) but my cervix is nice and soft and 50% effaced. He also could tell that Sabrina is head down (hopefully she stays that way). My doctor seemed happy with this and said that is a good starting point for the last month of pregnancy, he is thinking I should not have any problems going into labor on my own when I should. I will see the doctor again on Tuesday. I am interested to see if there is a change from last week because I have been having contractions every day (nothing intense or close together).

Work has been very busy lately, it keeps me distracted and helps the days and weeks go by quickly. I have turned in all of my paperwork for maternity leave and will be starting my short term disability insurance claim this week so that it is ready to go when I have the baby. The plan is to still have me working up until I go into labor, which is fine with me, because like I said, it helps the time go by faster.

Thats all for now really, still nothing too exciting. ha ha
Here is a picture of me Arturo took tonight, she is definitely growing!
P.S. Sorry I look pretty shabby, I had already changed into my jammies for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment