Sunday, February 6, 2011

37 Weeks

I am now considered FULL TERM! woo hoo! That means that any time Sabrina wants to come the doctor will not stop me from having her.
This makes me happy, but also a tiny bit anxious because it really could be any time now that I can have her.

I had my regular Tuesday doctor's appointment this week and I had dilated to 1cm. I was encouraged to hear that because I have still been having small conrations daily and it was good to know that they were productive contractions and not just annoying me for no reason. This week I had more contractions and they seem to be getting stronger than before, but still not strong enough or in any timeable patterm that would warrant me calling the doctor or going to the hospital to get checked out. So with all the activity, I am interested to see this Tuesday if I have dilated more. I a not trying to get my hopes up because I know some women can be stuck at 1cm for weeks and then still suddenly go in to full blown labor. But any dilating I can do now before I am in big time labor will hopefully mean a quicker smoother deilvery when the time really comes.

Arturo is so sweet, he is getting anxious for the big day. He is on pins and needles ready to go at any time. He is convinced that I am going to go into labor at any second, while I guess I am slightly in denial and keep having to reassure him that we have time and not to worry. I guess I wouldn't say I am in denial, its more like trying not to get my hopes up any time I have a little cramp, or pain. I dont want to be that woman who "cries wolf" and gets sent home from the hospital five times before she is really in labor.

In the mean time, we continue to wait patiently and are enjoying our last few weeks (or so) of child free living. ha ha
Here is a picture of me this week. When you compare it to last week, you can tell I have "dropped" looks like Sabrina is settling in to position to make her appearance soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment