Saturday, February 26, 2011

Parenting Week 1

Wow a week already?!?!
Since we got home Arturo and I have been settling into being new parents. Since he has been off of work with me Artuo has been a GREAT help around the house. Cooking, cleaning, and taking care of Sabrina and me. Since I breastfeed I am obviously the only one who can take care of feedings, so Arturo makes sure he volunteers to change almost every dirty diaper and cuddle her if she is a little cranky. I know he will go back to work soon and all and I wont have the extra help during the day, but for the time being it is great to have the extra set of hands and just to be spending time together as a family.

I am feeling very good since having Sabrina and I am recovering well in my own opinion. I even ventured out and went grocery shopping yesterday. Arturo volunteered to do it, but I wanted to. So he stayed home with Sabrina. It was nice to get out of the house and do something "normal" but I found myself trying to hurry so I could get back home to be with Arturo and Sabrina.

Today I spent some time putting together a photo album of all the pictures from the hospital and since we have been home. I cannot believe how many pictures we have taken already! I also gathered things like our hospital wrist bands, her head cap, and cards we recieved at her birth and put them in a keepsake box for her and I began to fill in the first pages of her baby book. It will be fun to show it all to her in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment